Founder and former apostle of Crenshaw Christian Center (CCC), located in South Los Angeles, California, Frederick KC Price has gone on to be with the Lord.
The popular american veteran pastor, has been in the news in the past few weeks after contracting Covid 19. He is suspected to have died of Covid 19 infection after he didn’t recover from days.
He is known for his Ever Increasing Faith ministries broadcast, which is aired weekly on both television and radio.
Price was born in 1932 in Santa Monica, California, a Los Angeles suburb, the eldest son of Winifred and Frederick Price, Sr., who owned a janitorial service in West Los Angeles. Frederick attended McKinley Elementary School in Santa Monica, Foshay Junior High, Manual Arts High School and Dorsey High School in Los Angeles, and then completed two years of schooling at Los Angeles City College. He later received an honorary diploma from the Rhema Bible Training Center (1976) and an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Oral Roberts University (1982).
Both of his parents, who had once been practicing Jehovah’s Witnesses at the time he met his future wife Betty, had stopped practicing the religion, and were also outspoken against all organized religions. While courting Betty, his high school sweetheart, he began attending church services with her. However, after their marriage, he stopped attending church regularly until a group of Los Angeles-area churches began sponsoring a week of old-fashioned tent revivals in the Crenshaw area. Price began attending these services with his wife. At one of these services, he received Jesus Christ as his personal savior. Soon after becoming born again, Price felt the call from God to go into the ministry, serving mostly part-time, while working as a paper cutter, as an assistant pastor in a Baptist church from 1955 to 1957. He then pastored an African Methodist Episcopal church in Val Verde, California from 1957 to 1959. From there he served in a Presbyterian church and then joined the Christian and Missionary Alliance at West Washington Community Church in 1965.