SCRIPTURE: Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Any man who is given to beating his wife is not man enough. He is not qualified to be married in the first place!
Marriage is a relationship that places so much demand on patience and tolerance. That is why there is a popular saying that marriage is not for boys or for the immature. Indeed marriage is for the matured. And maturity comes with a lot of responsibilities.
Below are some responsibilities of the man to his wife in the school of marriage:-
1. Unconditional love (Ephesians 2:25): – This is an unrestricted affection that emanates from a man’s heart towards his wife.
2. Sacrifice (Hebrews 13:16):-This is the extent the man is willing to go for his wife in giving and forbearance.
3. Forgiveness (Ephesians 4:32): – This is realizing that your wife is not perfect the same way you are not perfect. Therefore, be quick to forgive her whenever she offends you.
The tragedy today is, some men act so heartless towards their wives because of their inability to forgive them. Some even beat their wives. The truth is, any man that is given to beating his wife is not man enough. He is not qualified to be married in the first place. If you must fight, why don’t you go out there and engage a street gang who are always waiting for an opportunity to fight?
Beloved, you must realize that you didn’t marry someone’s daughter to turn her into a punching bag. You married her to be responsible for her. You married her to love her as yourself. You married her to care for her and to reduce the burdens of her life.
Today, I prophesy fresh grace in your marriage, home and relationship. The last time you failed in your marital responsibility is the last forever, in Jesus’ Name.
REMEMBER THIS: Any man who is given to beating his wife is not man enough. He is not qualified to be married in the first place!
1. Determine to discharge forgiveness in the direction of your spouse effortlessly
2. Make up your mind NEVER to raise your hand against your wife.
3. Ask God for the grace daily to forgive your spouse and to be responsible to your spouse
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to release forgiveness rapidly towards my spouse. I refuse to be an agent of offence. Help me to love my spouse unconditionally, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
QUOTE: When your wife sees that you love her people, you are concerned about their welfare and you are interested in what they are doing, it gives room for more dedication on the part of your wife towards you and it makes for a better marital relationship. Culled from ‘In-laws, In-loves and outlaws’ by Dr Becky Paul-Enenche
AMAZING FACT: Bumblebee birds don’t fall off a branch while sleeping because their toes automatically clench around the twig they are perched on.
DAILY READING: Jer 33:1 to 34:22, 1 Tim 4:1 to 16. Ps 89:1 to 13, Prov 25:23 to 24
DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Sunday Service tomorrow in any of the 3 power-packed services (6:00AM, 8:00AM and 10:00AM) at the Glory Dome. Invite your friends and loved ones. God bless you as you come.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The wine of your home is renewed today in the Name of Jesus.