OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 10 NOVEMBER 2022
THEME: DIVINE VICTORY OVER MENTAL SICKNESS
MEMORISE: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5
BIBLE READING: MARK 5:1-20
1. And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4. Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7. And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
14. And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15. And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
16. And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
17, And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18. And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
20. And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.
Mental sickness is not limited to madness. It can also mean that a person has challenges with their thinking faculty. Some students have brilliant minds, but they blank out in the examination hall. If you have any problem with your memory, God is able to deliver you. The devil wants you to be a fool because he knows the Bible says in Psalms 14:1
“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”
The devil knows that it is written in Proverbs 13:20
“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”
He wants you to live like a fool so you can be destroyed, but God is putting an end to all his attacks against you now, in Jesus name. Also, the devil wants you to be a fool because he knows the Bible says in Proverbs 3:35
“The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.”
James 1:5 says:
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”
If you are not as clever as you ought to be, or have been failing examinations, the Almighty God will lay His hands upon you now and give you victory in the mental realm, in Jesus name.
The mad man of Gadara could not think straight because he was possessed by demons. However, as soon as the Master spoke a word, those demons left him and he started to think and talk normally (Mark 5:1-20). If the Almighty God could deliver a man who was mad, how much more would He be able to restore you to sound mental health? That same God will heal you wherever you need help mentally right now, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Do you need help in the mental realm? Lay your right hand on your head and ask the Lord to touch and heal you now in Jesus name.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 8:1-59, JOHN 9:1-41
HYMN 16 : CONQUERORS AND OVERCOMERS NOW ARE WE
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail,
Nothing ‘gainst His mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood of Jesus
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood of Jesus
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto Him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n,
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n,
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.