Fallen Kingdom actor Chris Pratt took to the Teen Choice Award stage on August 12th to accept the award of Choice Movie Actor. While receiving his award Pratt lovingly joked with his fans saying, “I’m so thrilled to be here. I have not been a teen for quite some time.”
Then shifting gears to embark on his speech Pratt said, “I want to thank God. I always do that when I am up on a big platform in front of a bunch of young faces.”
Then, as Pratt stood on the “Teen Choice” stage holding his surfboard, he offered a challenge to the crowd saying, “I love God, that’s my thing I love Him! And you should too!”
Pratt is open about his Christianity and seemingly does not have any inhibitions when it comes to sharing it or when it comes to encouraging others to love God too.
CBN reports that back in June when he received the Generation Award at the MTV Movie & TV Awards Pratt started the conversation about Christianity and God during his acceptance speech. The listicle speech, which Pratt called “9 Rules from Christ Pratt, Generation Award Winner,” started off with a quick quip, the actor mixing an air of seriousness and humor, all the while giving glory to God.
1. Breathe. If you don’t, you will suffocate.
2. “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
3. “Don’t be a turd. If you are strong, be a protector. If you are smart, be a humble influencer. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, so do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.”
4. “When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger and they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.”
5. “It doesn’t matter what it is. Earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it’s good for your soul.”
6. “God is real. God loves you, God wants the best for you. Believe that, I do.”
7. “If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door, sit down, get all of the pee out first. And then, once all the pee is done, poop, flush, boom! You minimize the amount of time that the poop’s touching the air. Because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring up the poop particles, create a cloud, goes out, then everyone at the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.”
8. “Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it is so good for your soul.”
9. “Nobody is perfect. People will tell you that you are perfect just the way that you are, you’re not! You’re imperfect. You always will be, but there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you are willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. Like the freedom that we enjoy in this country, that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget it. Don’t take it for granted.”
“God bless you.”
Source: Christian Headlines