Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at Kilometre 42 on the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. He is one of the fathers of Pentecostalism in Nigeria.
There are 7 Unique Things You Need to Know About this Great Man of God
1.) Pastor kumuyi was born of 6th of June, 1942, into a Christian family in Erin-Ijesha, Osun State, western part of Nigeria.
2.) He completed his secondary school education in 1961 at Mayflower School in Ikenne, Ogun State, from where he proceeded to the University of Ibadan and in 1967 graduated with a first-class honours degree in mathematics where he graduated as overall best graduating student in that year. Subsequently, taking a post-graduate course in Education at the University of Lagos
3.) Kumuyi began teaching mathematics in 1962 at Mayflower School, his alma mater. He went on, in the early 1970s, to become a lecturer of mathematics at the University of Lagos.
4.) In 1973, while being a lecturer of mathematics at the University of Lagos, Kumuyi began a Bible study group with 15 students who had come to him for Bible training. This training became the foundation of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry. In 1975, Kumuyi was expelled from the Apostolic Faith Church for preaching on the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He continued his independent ministry, which in 1982 became the Deeper Life Bible Church. As at 2005, the Christian ministry is said to have over 800,000 affiliates.
Kumuyi met Abiodun Olowu in September 1972, she became one of his Bible study students and a member of his fledging Christian ministry. They got married on 13 September 1980 in Lagos, and they have two children, Jeremiah and John. Abiodun Kumuyi died on 11 April 2009.
On 13 October 2010, exactly 18 months after the death of his first wife, Kumuyi married Folashade Adenike Blaize in London. Folashade is the Administrator of the Deeper Life Bible Church, London.
In 2013, Foreign Policy magazine listed Kumuyi among the “500 most powerful people on the planet”.
In 2018, Kumuyi received an honorary PhD from University of Abuja.
7.) Pastor Kumuyi has published several books which includes
- The Lord’s Prayer, 1997, ISBN 978-1-85424-370-6
- The Hour of Decision, 1990, ISBN 978-2367-70-2
- Supernatural Supply in All Situations, 2009, ISBN 978-0-88144-416-2
- The Truly Liberated Woman, 2000, ISBN 978-978-2908-25-4
- Higher Everyday: A Daily Devotional Guide for Successful Youths, 2014, ISBN 978-1-46759-810-1
- Daily Manna, Volume 1, 2011, ISBN 978-1-90549-379-1
- Daily Manna: A Daily Devotional Guide, 2014, ISBN 978-1-46759-809-5
- Have Compassion on Them, 1991, ISBN 978-9-78236-700-6
- The Spirit Controlled Family: W.F. Kumuyi, 1996, ISBN 978-9-78236-742-6
- How to Know God’s Will in Marriage, 1990, ISBN 978-9-78236-713-6
Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kumuyi